"The forum design is a complete and utter mess and you can't find anything"

ray vinmad

VOC Drawings Manager
VOC Member
I know we are all a bit `infatuated' about Vincents, but I have to say that I think that the page header is the best & most eye catching I have ever come across from any web source. And all the links & menus are there across the top area. My only criticism is that perhaps the `search' area could `stand out' more. But Norman is correct, you need to get the key words right.
I too have a desktop link direct to new posts, after all that is what is going on on any decent forum. But above the `new posts' box is the `Home' button..... So what is the problem? Also, to see if anything has been added to the `hidden' humour, we now only need to click on the `Forums' button (next to the home button if you need the guidance!) & scroll down to the Humour area.

Reading Graham's original post again, perhaps, especially during our lockdown, Sunday evenings should be a time to relax. Not phone him up for a totally undeserved rant.
Keep up the good work Graham.

Absolutely drenched of Bexleyheath.

ClassicBiker

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I don't have an difficultly navigating this forum as it is. The only issue I have is that search engine doesn't seem to support Boolean operators when I do a search, but then again neither does Google, so I've quite trying and just work with it and wade through what results I get to find what I'm after. To be totally honest that is such a minor issue to me really that it only occurs to me when someones asks questions about the search function. So I am at a loss as to why the Exec, or anyone else for that matter, wants to upset this particular apple cart. Though the thought does come to mind that someone wants to be able to claim they did something positive for the VOC and this forum happens to have been blessed with their attention.

Albervin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I used to receive a phone call from a gent nearly every week telling what a bunch of useless %$#&&^*@#$$%^ the people running the forum were. After a few minutes I talked him though it but because he didn't then bookmark we went through the same conversation the following week. I was my groundhog hell!!