"The forum design is a complete and utter mess and you can't find anything"

Bill Thomas

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Earlier on, I had a member of the Club contact me by telephone, and told me that he finds our forum design a complete mess and that's he's unable to find anything.

This I'm particularly interested in, because I'd like to know if other people suffer the same problem?

Halfway though the conversation, he did mention to me that he has a bookmark that he uses to access the forum and that bookmark links to 'What's New' rather than the homepage.

This is what he sees every time he visits…
View attachment 39706

As I explained to him, the trouble with doing this is that it's a bit like opening an encyclopaedia - if you open it right in the middle and don't bother looking at the contents or index, it should come as no surprise that you'll never be able to find what you're looking for.

I've gone to great lengths to ensure at the bottom of each page is a big black footer with a load of links broken down into three distinct categories:
Technical / The Club / Miscellaneous. This footer appears at the bottom of EVERY page wherever you are.
View attachment 39708

Interestingly, during our conversation, this guy mentioned that he could't find the Club's Riders' Roll of Honour recipients, but when I visited the Home Page, I'm presented with a certificate which links to all of our recipients.
View attachment 39707

I'm not sure how much longer our forum will last as it currently stands, but if any one has any suggestions on what I can tell this guy, or how I can improve the navigation, then I'd really appreciate it.
If He was ask us on the Forum !!!!, I am sure we could help :D .
Cheers Bill.

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
Going back to Graham's original post, well really, what can one say, there are people out there that still believe the Earth is flat, and only 2000 years old, people that believe Covid -19 is a hoax, people that believe the American Government orchestrated the destruction of the Twin Towers, I could go on, I have given up listening to, or reading about such cretins, But I cannot believe there is one person out there that does not acknowledge that as far as communication is concerned the Forum is one of the best things that has ever happened for Vincent Owners Worldwide, and that Graham Is doing a fantastic job with the Forum and MPH, how about we all stand out the front of our houses this evening at 6pm and clap hands for Graham, but seriously folks, as Hughie Green was once heard to say, Graham is doing a fantastic job, if it was put to a referendum I would vote to keep the forum exactly as it is, with updates as necessary.

Last edited:

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Or as I say about our Bikes, " If it ain't broke don't fix it ".
As you all know I am a Computer Expert :D ,
All you have to do is , Right Click, Press Copy , And Paste, The whole Forum !!.

Cyborg

VOC Member
Trouble is some of us talk as we think, I know I do,
We had one the other day, It went from a small spacer to a Clutch and now Springs !!,
I like it, But it's hard to "Search ", But it's all to do with Vincent,
So all good !.
It’s my attention deficit disorder Bill.
Also..... as for that spacer thread, I try not to speak as I think.... better for everyone if those inner voices don’t escape.