The fork conversion being supplied by Time Traveller.

Tracey Tilley

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
All bits fitted, and had a quick spray with black paint. Should be on the bike and road tested this weekend.
fullsizeoutput_883.jpegfullsizeoutput_887.jpegfullsizeoutput_885.jpegfullsizeoutput_886.jpeg

bmetcalf

VOC Member
Will you have to remove the paint/coating on the faces of the bosses for the oil tank bolts?

Chris Launders

VOC Member
You'll be pleasantly surprised by the initial handling, when you get the springing and damping to suit how you ride you'll be amazed how good it is. Beware the back end affecting what you think the front is doing though.

timetraveller

VOC Member
Dave Hulstone has also sent me a photograph of the new paint job on his AVO damper. A supplied to me these have a very thin coat of paint. Dave's picture shows just what can be achieved. Incidentally it only became clear last week that the bush in the top of the damper is pushed in but not reamed. Youi will need to use a 3/8" reamer to take out about a couple of thou.
1523939429922.png

Tracey Tilley

VOC Member
Not sure about the boss faces. I'll ask him.
I think the damper got a coat of 1 pack with the rest. It's been on the bike a while.

Attachments

• IMG_0701.JPG
    IMG_0701.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 27

greg brillus

VOC Member
Careful pressing that lower bearing race onto the stem..............Don't forget the lower steel washer that goes under it first as this will alter the geometry if left out.

timetraveller

VOC Member
I found it better to get the lower bearing hot before putting it on. That is in the fitting instructions and Greg's advice about the lower washer should be noted.