The Con

Peter Stokes

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hi.

Shetland is about 35mins away from here (Orkney) by plane, or a six hour ferry trip as an alternative. I don't think Sumburgh airport (south end of Shetland mainland) would be all that impressed with a comet engine on a trolley. Seriously though, no problem in a car on the ferry.

There have been a few scams using addresses here I believe, not involving motorbike parts but pedigree dogs! An unsuspecting resident gets their address picked by someone far away, who hasn't got a clue about the address they are picking - they are just hoping folk will part with cash without making sensible enquiries I suppose.

As an aside - there is a keen 'vintage club' here, and Shetland too I think. I happen to live near to a man who commutes on a 250 Beeza, a reminder of one of the 'sounds of the sixties'.

Pete

b'knighted

VOC Member
Hi.

There have been a few scams using addresses here I believe, not involving motorbike parts but pedigree dogs! An unsuspecting resident gets their address picked by someone far away, who hasn't got a clue about the address they are picking - they are just hoping folk will part with cash without making sensible enquiries I suppose.

Pete

So, if I send you cash for a pedigree dog will you wrap it in brown paper and parcel tape and post it to me?

Williegunn

Non-VOC Member
Just back from Yorkshire with a (puppy) dog, now that is a long way away. The trouble you have to go to now in Scotland to get a docked spaniel. I could not live that far south, far too many people and cars yuk!

nkt267

VOC Member
Aha! Doggy bags - I've heard of them.
Lots of those in the vets bin,OUCH.
He's starting on Con Men next,,Very large discount( actually he'll pay you) for the first V O C member to bring one in..John