The Brits are coming

Kansas Bad Man

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
As you are all are aware, our only hope to capture a major speed record for the Vincent marque is the Black lightning project. As it stands, Donny and Sal will be arriving by plane plain , take your pick :pthe 22 of may in Wichita. They plan is to get as much done on the liner as possible to make ready for 2014 ,world of speed and then the shoot out. There is the BRITISH entry that will be going for the Worlds Fastest Two Wheel M/C record, it has a jet helicopter engine that has been converted to THRUST go to www jetreaction.net for more details. This is a serious go fast machine.:)

Cheers ----- Max

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
Max, you know how much I admire your liner, but I would say that Dave Matson and his Vincent hold a major speed record.

b'knighted

VOC Member
As I see it, the fact that it has two wheels is irrelevant. As neither wheel is powered it would perform just as well if fitted with friction free skids. Surely this is doesn't run in the same class as a vehicle which applies its drive by tyre friction.

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
Correct, wheel driven and thrust vehicles are different classes.

Kansas Bad Man

Non-VOC Member
Hi Steve

You bet , MATSON IS THE MAN, you have never heard me say any thing different. The sad truth to world records is that the FRENCH control world records, that means if it isn't set at a FIM venue it is not a world record. That's what I meant when I said major record, didn't mean to take anything away from Dave, wouldn't do that.