The Bigger Better Big Breakfast

bengunnhrd

Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
The bigger better big breakfast will be held on the 10 April at Prees Heath just outside Whitchurch Shropshire where the A41 and A49 intersect. It had previously been called the Big Breakfast and has gone from strength to strength over the years. Everyone is welcome but the emphasis is on classic bikes, with various prizes awarded for best machine etc. The food is no nonsense hearty grub.
More details at www.lynnsravencafe.co.uk

Last edited:

Tracey Tilley

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Looks good.

We'll try and do this.

Not going to be there at 9am though. If we leave here at 7am we could be there by 10.30.

Tracey Tilley

VOC Member
We're going.

We are going to do this.

I have the route planned. The weather looks great.:)

I have printed off some website links for people to have.

Anyone else coming?

Tracey Tilley

VOC Member
Arhgh!!!

Had a great day out that day.

West Mercia have written a letter to Chris about it.:(

Hmmm, points or a speed awareness course?

Please be careful on the A442.

John Cone

VOC Member
I watched a 1960's road safety film by Castrol a while back and it was called "The throttle works both ways"

Tracey Tilley

VOC Member
Throttle

I don't think 47 in a 40 is excessive.

It was definitely safe. Chris is a safe rider. I wouldn't get on the bike if he wasn't.

The A442 Cold Hatton is a long straight and we thought we were in a 50 limit.

I presume you have never " made progress " :)

John Cone

VOC Member
Tracey, we've all done it at sometime but don't like to admit to it. I drive trucks for a living and making good progress is a must with unobtainable deadlines to keep. All trucks are suppose to adhere to 40mph on normal A class roads, where the national limit for cars is 60. I got caught doing 43mph in the 40 limit only because i had a very long line of impatient car drivers behind me and i was trying to make progress. I drive on average 500kms everynight 5 nights a week and have done so for the 10 years. So to be caught only the once in 35yrs of driving i don't think is to bad.

Howard

VOC Member
Tracey, tell Chris to take the speed awareness course.

The best day out I've had in ages. I met simillarly minded people, had a buffet lunch and a drive in someone else's car.

It was also interesting, being the only motorcyclist on the course, watching the faces when I pointed out all the hazards we have to face, extra to what car drivers see - hopefully I educated a few car drivers.

H