Thanks, Big Sid.

Bill Thomas

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Just had a bit of fun with my Ex L/ning rep'. I asked Sid about vibration, All my Bikes are Ex Racers.He said put some lead shot in the handle bars, between wine corks, Not to tight, So they can move about, And not the same distance from the end of the bar, I will try anything that is cheap !! My hands are not good now, And after a short while it is a Pain. At first I thought it didn't work, Sorry Sid, But I have just come down the main road at a steady 74 mph and the left bar was smooth as silk !!. It would smooth out at 90 mph befor, But the noise from the police cars put me off !! It just shows, These Old Boys, Know things !! Just got to sort out the right hand side now ! I Wish I could thank him. Cheers Bill.

Rob H

VOC Member
[QUOTE=" And not the same distance from the end of the bar,.[/QUOTE]

Interested in this how do you mean not the same distance from the end of the bar?

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Hello Rob, Sid said it is better if, Say the inner cork is 5 " from the end of the bar one side, and make it different on the other side. Sorry, What I am saying is the shot is held between two corks on the left and two corks on the right, Sounds a bit like Witchcraft !! How much shot ?, How big the shot ? All I know is it works !! Up to 60mph, the l/ning is fine, But just where you want to ride, 65 to 75 ish, The normal fast road limit it is not. It would take a bad Cop to do you for 74 mph. I am sure you could Tune it for other speeds. It will give me something to do for the Summer !! + my other bikes, Or drive me Mad !! Cheers Bill.

Bazlerker

Non-VOC Member
My Suzuki Vstrom has weights on the bar ends, with an internally expanding bit to hold them on...

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Yes but these lead shot have to be loose to work, I had a 1983 BM K100 some time ago, A super bike, Spoilt by Vibration, Just at the speed you have to ride. Cheers Bill.

vibrac

VOC Member
Bens K100 does not vibrate but then he has taken off the washing machine and the spin dryer and left just a crankshaft clutch and transmission. but then his speed is a little more than de moteraads intended too