Terry Prince Top End Kit

bmetcalf

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I fitted one of those enfield duck bill valves to the standard breather tube on my series A Comet. It works great. Remember though the breather on a series A is just an open pipe from the rocker area of the cylinder head and is not a timed breather.

Does it just discharge into the air or do you have a way to capture any oil mist that comes out? I bought one but haven't tried it yet on my C Rapide.

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
On the A the breather pipe just goes from the top of the cylinder head and then down the back of the primary chaincase to atmosphere and I added the duck bill to the end of that pipe. Straight to air with no catch bottle and never seems to be a problem with no oil residue output. The engine is in good condition though and burns no oil.

Oldhaven

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I recently asked Terry what he recommends for spark plugs for his newer 12mm spark plug heads. He replied that NGK 5129 DPR7EA-9 is a good one. This is a projected nose standard nickel electrode plug, heat range NGK 7, nothing fancy, inexpensive , and commonly used for newer Japanese bikes. It is a resistor plug, which I will need since I will be using an electronic ignition. Does this agree with other users experiences with 12mm plugs for this top end kit?