Terry Prince has a fast sidecar

Albervin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Terry's sidecar, as seen recently on the cover of MPH, has just been timed at 147 MPH!! It is 1200 cc & runs on methanol. Well done. More details later.

nobby

VOC Member
From the voc member with the slowest sidecar lap at the Isle of Man: good job, Terry!

Albervin

VOC Member
From the voc member with the slowest sidecar lap at the Isle of Man: good job, Terry!
Nobby, I beg to differ. On the parade lap at the 1999 International I drove an outfit around at an average speed of not very much! I was followed in by several other machines but it was all about the experience! My wife was in the chair & she agrees.

nobby

VOC Member
Man 2008 was the first time my new wife came with me to a bikers event. Before that she was very disappointed when I told her the parade was not for passengers, except with an outfit. So I made my thirties sidecar from a pile of rust and the remains of two other sidecars only for that reason (MPH 705 cover shows the result). The paint was still wet when we left. After a collapsed electronic ignition, changing twice from magneto, and a few days of work on the Douglas boulevard with the help of many vinceteers I was able to start at the parade.
At the beginning of the mountains, at the 27th milestone, we had a hole in the piston. But those first 26 miles were a privilege!
In spite of more engine problems on the way home after the miraculous repair at Man, both the wife and the sidecar are waiting for the next parade! Only this time with an Australian-built 600 engine, a Conway clutch and a complete spare magneto...