Terry Prince 600cc conversion

Black Flash

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
well the silencer is presumably an asian product when I see the price, but is is well made.
the construction consists of three chambers, so not an absorption type. All the absorption ones I tried were too noisy to pass the German MOT.
this one still sounds like an old burgess type silencer, defo louder than a spiral baffle one.
With the spiral one my 600 refused to pick up revs. I checked again, I have Terry Prince MK4 cam in my kit.
Last week I had a go an the field lanes again, since then we had torrential rain. I would say the low down is like a standard Comet, midrange is more powerful but then you can really feel the engine coming on the cam and pulling hard. as the engine has only done about 5miles I really don't want to rev it, but there is surely more to it.
weather the silencer works on a twin I don't know.
here's the add:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Motorrad-AUS...pt=Motorrad_Kraftradteile&hash=item35a4358e84

Please ignore the mess in the picture, I am sorry for that

Attachments

• VI_04-05-2014 (1)-1.JPG
    VI_04-05-2014 (1)-1.JPG
    832.8 KB · Views: 43

Black Flash

VOC Member
Hahahaha I have to show this to my SWMBO,

she keeps telling me off because of the garage, now I tell her it is part of the decease and comes with the membership renewal .
By the way, how did you manage that I can see your picture full scale and mine appears as a thumbnail???

Bernd

redbloke1956

Non-VOC Member
Happy wife happy life Bernd.........Although my wife said to me once "your garage is a pig sty" and I replied "yes MY garage is a pig sty, thanks for noticing" she hasn't mentioned it again ;)
When I load a photo I get a little box at the bottom left of the screen that asks if I want thumbnail or full size?? Don't you?
Is that an AJS or Matchless at the back?

Kev

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
What you Young blokes need to learn !! Is if you only have Vin's, Then you can swop everything around, So you can always have something to Ride, Sorry just another one of my Bad jokes !! Cheers Bill.

Black Flash

VOC Member
Well, not so good news about the silencer,
today I managed about 3 miles on the new silencer when I thought the sound had changed somewhat.
to cut it short, one inner baffle had been shot off from the TPV engine and was rattling around with tremendous noise.
After taking the thing of it is back for replacement. nevertheless I doubt that a new one made for an SR 400 or 500 will stand the rigors
of this engine. As I said before the engine really sounds business and with he hot cam fitted and about 10:1 compression
has absolutely nothing in common with a 8:1 standard Comet

Will keep you updated
Bernd

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Bernd, Can't you put a spiral silencer on for the MOT, Then put a noisey one on after, Just a thought, Cheers Bill.

Black Flash

VOC Member
this is what I tried before, but with the spiral one the engine won't pick up the revs. But maybe i should try again, just for the bl…y MOT