Television

Peter Holmes

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I remember in the mid sixties my ex father-in-law expressed a desire to "have a go" on my Vincent Rapide, he had been a keen motorcyclist after the war, I believe his last bike was a BSA Gold Flash. As I was courting his daughter I could hardly refuse, so off he went, with a big handful of throttle, sans helmet, or any other protective clothing, and returned after an anxious wait by me, with a huge smile on his face, as I remember it, his first comment whilst dismounting was "BLOODY HELL" he had never ridden a Vincent before.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I remember my Dad " Having " to have a go on my 250 BSA Ron gave me,
Funny He never showed any interest in Ron's HRDs or my Vincent's,
Maybe just as well !, The way Ron's used to kick him back, Once one of them Kicked Him so hard , He fell into the roses !!, Think it was the "A" Comet Special ?.
Only a few years ago, Ron told me Dad didn't approve of me buying a Big Vincent,
Nobody said anything !.
Where have the years gone ?.

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
When I was a callow youth of 16 years old, and purchased the Vincent Rapide that I mainly ride now, I recall, as I wheeled the Vincent into our rear garden my father, bless him, came out of the back door to see what was going on, on seeing the Vincent he said "you can get rid of that straight away, likely as not you will kill yourself on it" 55 years later...... no longer with us, I mourn his passing, he meant well.