Technical Officers report MPH 724

macvette

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I must have missed something somewhere. What is WitakerPedia and where can I find the articles mentioned in the report?

D

Deleted member 1616

Hi,

WhitakerPedia appears after you log on as a VOC member under Articles. If you are a member. If not, good reason to join

G

Graham Smith

You need to go to www.voc.uk.net (the Members only part of the VOC's main website), enter your details, then navigate to Articles/WitakerPedia.

If you get stuck, Bill Parr is the person to contact.

Albervin

VOC Member
You need to go to www.voc.uk.net (the Members only part of the VOC's main website), enter your details, then navigate to Articles/WitakerPedia.

If you get stuck, Bill Parr is the person to contact.
Great site! I have just visited old articles on "A"s & "B"s. Also read an article about the Vincent Special badge which prompted me to walk over to my "badge board" & have a look at mine for the first time in a few years. There are obviously hours of (not necessarily) wasted time that can be spent here. I take my hat off to all of you who put this together.

Henry Martini

Non-VOC Member
www.voc.co.uk

Hi whoever,
I can't log onto the www.voc.co.uk site as we don't have or need Zip or post codes here in little Ireland. Could the person who looks after this log on feature please set MY post code to D18 so that I can log on.

PS I assume I use the same password as I now use to log on

Thanking you in advance,
Henry Martini

G

Graham Smith

Please be aware that the Club Forum (this site), and the Club's other site (www.voc.uk.com or www.voc.uk.net) are two completely different things.

The passwords are not necessarily the same for both sites.

Henry - you DO have a postcode listed on the Club's membership database - I will send you a personal message regarding this.

Vic Youel

Non-VOC Member
Whitakerpedia

I am struggling with this;

1. Using Firefox I can only get the response "www.voc.uk.com uses an invalid security certificate. Access to the site is therefore denied.

The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown.

(Error code: sec_error_unknown_issuer)"

2. However using Explorer I was able to get my password entered but although I get notified that the site is secure I get alarms from my firewall (zone alarm) that the system is attempting a hijack.

It is probable the problems are with my own computer but I have not experienced such problems with any other secure site such as my bank(s) ebay etc. So I am a little suspicious of the veracity of this club web site.

Vic:confused::confused:

By the way the W....pedia stuff is superb and the effort made by the composers is to be applauded and just what the internet is all about.

Tom Gaynor

VOC Member
Insecurity

I had a similar problem. I solved it by ignoring the Zone Alarm warnings.

I am struggling with this;

1. Using Firefox I can only get the response "www.voc.uk.com uses an invalid security certificate. Access to the site is therefore denied.

The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown.

(Error code: sec_error_unknown_issuer)"

2. However using Explorer I was able to get my password entered but although I get notified that the site is secure I get alarms from my firewall (zone alarm) that the system is attempting a hijack.

It is probable the problems are with my own computer but I have not experienced such problems with any other secure site such as my bank(s) ebay etc. So I am a little suspicious of the veracity of this club web site.

Vic:confused::confused:

By the way the W....pedia stuff is superb and the effort made by the composers is to be applauded and just what the internet is all about.

Last edited by a moderator: