Tech data

Andy B

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
In the publication " Back to A" would I find general tech data? ie spindle size,length and thread?

Robert Watson

VOC Member
Follower spindles?, Rocker spindles? Wheel spindles? Oil pump spindles? I have most of those used (read pretty much worn out!) and could measure for you if needs be.

A_HRD

VOC Member
Or even fork spindles?

Regardless, the short answer to your question, Andy, is no - dimensions wouldn't be given unless there has been some problematic dimensions under discussion in some historic writings. That's not to say there aren't any dimensions at all. Glenn Shriver gave permission for all his personal dimensioned sketches to be included and many of the late Bob Stafford's drawings are included too. 'Back to A' brings together into logical chapters all the stuff ever written about Series A machines (and many many photos and diagrams too, old and new). All this is topped off by liberal use of 'Editor's Notes' written in italics to clarify issues and provide the most recent thinking on a wide variety of subjects.

All in all, nearly 400 A4 pages of Series A information. Orgasmic! But then again, having helped in a small way to put it together, I am somewhat biased.

If you buy a copy and still have tech questions, just ask away on this EXCELLENT forum where you will get reliable answers really fast; and others will be able to gain from the discussion too.

Peter B

Andy B

Non-VOC Member
Or even fork spindles?

Regardless, the short answer to your question, Andy, is no - dimensions wouldn't be given unless there has been some problematic dimensions under discussion in some historic writings. That's not to say there aren't any dimensions at all. Glenn Shriver gave permission for all his personal dimensioned sketches to be included and many of the late Bob Stafford's drawings are included too. 'Back to A' brings together into logical chapters all the stuff ever written about Series A machines (and many many photos and diagrams too, old and new). All this is topped off by liberal use of 'Editor's Notes' written in italics to clarify issues and provide the most recent thinking on a wide variety of subjects.

All in all, nearly 400 A4 pages of Series A information. Orgasmic! But then again, having helped in a small way to put it together, I am somewhat biased.

If you buy a copy and still have tech questions, just ask away on this EXCELLENT forum where you will get reliable answers really fast; and others will be able to gain from the discussion too.

Peter B
Ok I'm convinced thank you Peter, I shall make the purchase and thank you for your contribution to said publication.