Tecalemit grease gun repair

youngjohn

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I've got 2 small grease guns, both of which don't work. Inside the body of one there appears to be a cork washer pushed down the bottom of the tube - should this have a spring behind it to push the grease towards the nozzle?
The other has no washer or spring or anything. Can anyone help me with any info, instructions or diagrams to repai at least one of them?
Thanks.

BlackLightning998

VOC Member
Can you post a picture of it, if it is like one of mine, I'll strip it, photo it and post it for you to see what a working one should look like.

Regards

stumpy lord

Non-VOC Member
Hi,
the usual cause of a small tecalemite grease gun not working, is the gun being poorly refilled, ie full of air. The only way tht I have found that works is to pack as much grease as possibly into the barrel ,and then tap the gun down to a block of wood to expell the air , repeat untill you can get no more grease into the barrel
The only moving parts on this gun is the piston rod that is attached to the spring loaded heel/ plunger of the gun, by pressing the plunger the piston rod moves up into the nozzle of the gun forcing the grease out. a spring underneath the cork washer would prevent you re filling the gun.
regards stumpy lord