Tank transfer decals

Reggierot

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
hello I am in the process of restoring a Vincent petrol tank and was wondering if anybody could suggest someone that does decal transfer stripes for the tank. Thanks

TouringGodet

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
For the stripes? No, those are masked off and painted or gold leaf is applied. For the Mercury Crest that goes on top, between the oil filler and seat, and for the Vincent or HRD transfers that go on each side, yes, those decals are readily available from the VOC Spares Co and many other suppliers.

nkt267

VOC Member
I'm not a great spray painter but here's an indian made tank i did last week in a hurry.

Attachments

• P1010131 - Copy.JPG
    P1010131 - Copy.JPG
    713.1 KB · Views: 58

nkt267

VOC Member
I forgot to add this is not and advert. I paint my own tanks so that I'm the only one who can complain to the painter:( and providing i don't look down when I'm riding or get too close to the sides it looks great.
Interestingly i found a wrinkle in the steel after polishing the clear coat:mad: that was just not visible when it was in primer and basecoat,so if anyone points it out it ain't gonna get changed unless I have to repaint the tank..john