Tank sealer removal

Kansas Bad Man

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
This works. take two old soft cotton pillow cases an place tank inside and put bubble wrap over the entire tank use duck tap to hold in place . Make suitable opening at filer hole. Put two cups of nuts and bolts in tank, seal tank with duck tape. Jack up the drive wheel , make sure is not equipped with posi traction and is a automatic. Use m/c tie downs attach tank to wheel, spend a little time doing this, if you like the shape of your tank. Have a driver with foot on brake before starting engine and placing in gear, control pin wheeling speed of tank with brake. After you are satisfied liner adhesion is gone, remove tank for final step. While all protective covering is I place ,clean tank by hand,then with a high pressure washer at the local car wash , might need a L shaped nozzle to get all the crevasses.

Chris Launders

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
The "flexable" tank sealer remover I used went in clear and came out dark brown and had removed a lot of stuff, allowed residue to evaporate off and then followed up with the nuts and bolts, then the "wire rope" brush, then nuts and bolts again, the tank is now as clean as I need it to be.
The total debris removed about half filled a bucket !!
Will be using a modern ethanol proof sealer next.
Chris.