Tank badge??

John Oakes

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi All - I have just acquired a spare tank for ( I believe ) a Triangle Frame model circa 1930/31. It has had some repairs to it over the year but is also wearing this badge on the underside. 'Nelson Radiators'. Brixton no.2. any ideas what this is all about? Can anyone shed any light on why that might be there?
Tank 1.jpg
Tank 2.jpg
Tank 3.jpg
Tank 4.jpg
Tank 5.jpg

Richard Beard

VOC Member
The thin plate looks as though it is made of brass.
Looks like the thin brass plates with the names pressed in that radiator manufacturers/repairers soldered onto their products or their repairs.
Probably the tank was cleaned out and/or repaired by this radiator company.
Never heard of them as a manufacturer so probably a repairer.
First hand info as for my sins (which were many and varied) many years ago I was Chief Engineer for Coventry Radiator and Presswork Co Ltd.in Coventry UK
HTH

Nulli Secundus

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
I am pretty sure that my 1931 Python Sports does not have that brass plate underneath, but I will try and check over the weekend. There looks like there has been a lot of repair work on the top of your tank around the steering head cut-out. My tank is smooth in that area.

John Oakes

Non-VOC Member
I am pretty sure that my 1931 Python Sports does not have that brass plate underneath, but I will try and check over the weekend. There looks like there has been a lot of repair work on the top of your tank around the steering head cut-out. My tank is smooth in that area.
Hi Nulli

Yeah I think it must have had some serious repair work done and the guys that did it were Nelson Radiators

John Oakes

Non-VOC Member
The thin plate looks as though it is made of brass.
Looks like the thin brass plates with the names pressed in that radiator manufacturers/repairers soldered onto their products or their repairs.
Probably the tank was cleaned out and/or repaired by this radiator company.
Never heard of them as a manufacturer so probably a repairer.
First hand info as for my sins (which were many and varied) many years ago I was Chief Engineer for Coventry Radiator and Presswork Co Ltd.in Coventry UK
HTH
HI Richard - That makes sense thanks for your help