Swap

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I have a Black Shadow 5” Speedo I took off a basket ‘D’ its all there including the two pilot bulb holders (with rubber wire!) and angle drive on rear. I have not tarted it up, its untouched just as I took it off. The paint is worn and the rim could do with a rechrome (new £47.00) the indicated mileage is 33,232 and I know it has been unused since 1967.I suppose that with a Speedo restorer a hundred pounds or so would make this an immaculate item. A good example of this unit went for £800 on ebay last month (item 170526444647) but we all know about some twits on ebay , realistically Dave Woods quotes them reconditioned for £495 + P&P
Now I am building a 600 Egli on the same lines as the 1275cc Twin that Ben is using and I need an aluminium banana tank in excellent condition and that’s the deal. I try not to change Vincent items into money and I do not need to sell the Speedo, just a straight swap, top class Egli banana tank for a 5” Speedo

Attachments

• 5rear.jpg
    5rear.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 5front.jpg
    5front.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 78

VincenttwinPL1

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I have asked around but not been able to find an alloy banana tank. The 5 inch speedo is the last major item I need for my twin rebuild, is there anything else you would consider for a swap/part exchange? I have some vincent spares. Im quite local, St.Albans, Herts, regards, Paul

Mark Fisher

Non-VOC Member
Have you tried David Dunfey here in the USA? David is an Egli expert and might be able to help. He races a grey flash, so maybe you know him.
mark

vibrac

VOC Member
Well it seems Banana tanks are thin on the ground so I have commissioned one in aluminium and will report back when its complete and I have put that speedo away for another swap

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Just out of curiosity, where are you getting the aluminium tank made? I'm just thinking about a future non Vincent project where I will need to replace an old fiberglass fuel tank.

Cheers,
Simon.

davidd

VOC Member
Mark,

Thanks for the vote of confidence! I know Tim and I would have offered to help, but he needs one in aluminium and all my metal tools, like the english wheel, are in storage.

David