Surviving original owners in north America

Monkeypants

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Its a very pretty bike and does look a lot like a Series A, but Ive heard it run. It is actually a Norton, but I dont think Dan realizes this just yet.

Viny4

VOC Member
There are many things that Robert hasn't told.

The original Vincent gearing, 100mph@ 4600rpm.
Mark 2 cam profile with 8 1/2 to 1 C/R.
Tight wire advance.
Series "A" oil pump C/W spin on oil filter.
Seriers "A" Vibrac connection rods.
Seriers 232 Amal carbys.
Seriers "A" Jaeger yellow numbered 180mph speedo, tack, and clock.
Seriers "A" brake light switch,
Lets not foget the foot peg rubbers and rear brake stays.
The only thing that says that it's not an "A", no oil underneath, only dusty.
Need I go on?

b'knighted

VOC Member
OK - OK - OK

Please continue my education. What does the series A brake light switch look like and who made it.

Cheers,

Last edited:

Albervin

VOC Member
Not only the brake light switch, what about the tail light? If there was a brake light then was it a twin bulb tail light or a single twin filament bulb? Be careful how you answer this one Canadians........

peterg

Non-VOC Member
Howdy chaps,

As one of the more prominant hecklers in the peanut gallery alongside the arrival foyer of the hotel at the VOC NA rally in 09, took a breather long enough to snap this rather picturesque pose of the A+ in question.

Notice, in a nod to metrosexuals the world over, he's abandoned the customary Canadian brew for something more cohesive with the various green accents on his machine.

bikesbeers.jpg

Robert Watson

VOC Member
There are many things that Robert hasn't told.
Not to be picky and very much in admiration as Dan well knows BUT see parentheses!!
The original (Post War) Vincent gearing, 100mph@ 4600rpm.
(Post War) Mark 2 cam profile with 8 1/2 to 1 C/R.
Tight wire advance. (Not an original Vincent Mag tho')Series "A" oil pump C/W (aftermarket) spin on oil filter.
Seriers "A" Vibrac connection rods. (Not sure of the real origin of these --- did you make them??)
(Homemade) Seriers 232 Amal carbys.
Seriers "A" (NOT) Jaeger yellow numbered 180mph speedo, tack, and clock.
Seriers "A" brake light switch, (They never had one)
Lets not foget the (Post War) foot peg rubbers and rear brake stays (Not ---- as the orginals were steel and plated). Sorry was thinking of the brake rods, the A stays are shorter than the post war ones due to the location of the crossover shaft.
The only thing that says that it's not an "A", no oil underneath, only dusty.
Need I go on?

You --- go on ---- Nahhhhhhhhhh

LOL

Last edited:

Monkeypants

Non-VOC Member
Add the A+ rider to the list of original and surviving items- he's definitely an original and seems to be surviving quite well!

Glen

Last edited:

A-BCD

Non-VOC Member
If you compare my B- and A twin with Dan's A+, I reckon his bike looks the most like an original !!
AB-A.jpg