The Mighty Garage Summer Afternoon Ride

mercurycrest

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I hope all you Brits have noticed how much nicer the scenery is without the ridiculous amount of road signs we have here. I suspect some politician in London, or Swansea has a relative in the sign making industry.:rolleyes:

vibrac

VOC Member
I think it comes from the UK concept that if there is an accident then something must be done to prevent another, usually the action is a sign or another gallon on white paint (Oh or the red tarmac that encourages pot holes!)
My particular hate is the advisory speed signs for a bend I mean are you in a car, a moped, or a steam roller? all the same maximum speed? .. get real
in my small village we have about 4 miles of road (all B) we have 48 signs including one for cattle the last cattle in the adjoining fields left in the fifties!
The only good Idea is the speed signs showing the speed I have 3 pre 1936 bikes all legally without speedos the signs have calibrated my mind quite effectively. in the available gears.

mercurycrest

VOC Member
The money spent on those damn signs should be spent on proper road repair! We've lost a tire and knocked the alignment out hitting potholes that were only recently refilled.:mad:

Mark Fisher

Non-VOC Member
Hope you enjoy the ride!
Video
Mike, I just wanted to reach out and tell you that I have really enjoyed your videos over the last couple of years, particularly the workshop videos. I’m saddened to hear that some people have left nasty comments on your site, especially as they aren’t exactly contentious! Don’t let them bring you down and keep up the good work. By the way I too am a brit, marooned In the USA (South Carolina) but Oregon does look really nice.
mark

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I find Mikes Videos are more easy to watch than some, Don't know where He puts the camera , Chest,
Maybe ?, But some on the Helmet make me a bit sea sick !.
I have not seen any bad things, What has upset them ?, Cheers Bill.

Mike T

VOC Member
I find Mikes Videos are more easy to watch than some, Don't know where He puts the camera , Chest,
Maybe ?, But some on the Helmet make me a bit sea sick !.
I have not seen any bad things, What has upset them ?, Cheers Bill.
Hi Bill, thanks a lot. Yes, I have a go pro camera mounted on a chest harness. It sits right in the center of my chest and high enough so that it doesn't interfere with my helmet. I have found that it gives a nice view. I tried the helmet-mounted cameras, but the videos also made me nauseous (e.g. when scanning from left to right at a traffic light). The chest mount is great, but is sometimes a little limited in that you can't see what's going on to either side. I'll try to twist my body if I see anything off to one side that might be nice to capture. It's good exercise too, ha ha. I've found that as the subscribers have grown, the comments have also increased and so I suppose it's only to be expected that there will be a larger proportion of negative comments. I moderate all the comments (e.g. block certain words) and so can delete comments before they can be seen by anyone else. Thanks a lot, Mike

Mike T

VOC Member
Mike, I just wanted to reach out and tell you that I have really enjoyed your videos over the last couple of years, particularly the workshop videos. I’m saddened to hear that some people have left nasty comments on your site, especially as they aren’t exactly contentious! Don’t let them bring you down and keep up the good work. By the way I too am a brit, marooned In the USA (South Carolina) but Oregon does look really nice.
mark
Thanks very much Mark, I really appreciate it. Yes, we love Oregon. I find it quite similar to England in many ways. We have been really happy here since emigrating (from Scarborough) in 1997.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Cheers Mike , Glad it's not just me that feel a bit sick, Did Wonder.
Keep Up the good work, Also like the Guzzi one, Always wanted one, Maybe one day :D .