Suffolk Section Rally rideout

nkt267

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hi all..
If you didn't remember it is the Suffolk Section Summer Rally this weekend.
Len organised a rideout for us to the newly opened David Silver Honda museum in Leiston,Suffolk.
There were sixteen of us that went most on bikes and a few by car and we were made heartily welcome.
You would be forgiven if you thought the place was a Honda showroom because the vast amount of machines on show, on two floors, was amazing.
Ranging from late 40's bikes only released for the Japanese market right through to Goldwings etc.
Apparently this is not the whole collection as some machines are still being prepared for display, so if you go there your favourite honda from your youth may not be on show. But i doubt you would be disappointed by the museum.
P1000865 - Copy.JPG P1000866 - Copy.JPG P1000867 - Copy.JPG P1000873 - Copy.JPG P1000868 - Copy.JPG P1000869 - Copy.JPG P1000870 - Copy.JPG P1000871 - Copy.JPG P1000872 - Copy.JPG

You may gather that I was impressed more by the early bikes than the later ones, and your not wrong.
When a pre 1960's bike had an electric starter you cannot fail but be impressed.
https://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/stock/cmm2014-11.pdf
Even if you are not into modern bikes this Museum is well worth a visit..John

Len Matthews

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hi all..
If you didn't remember it is the Suffolk Section Summer Rally this weekend.
Len organised a rideout for us to the newly opened David Silver Honda museum in Leiston,Suffolk.
There were sixteen of us that went most on bikes and a few by car and we were made heartily welcome.
You would be forgiven if you thought the place was a Honda showroom because the vast amount of machines on show, on two floors, was amazing.
Ranging from late 40's bikes only released for the Japanese market right through to Goldwings etc.
Apparently this is not the whole collection as some machines are still being prepared for display, so if you go there your favourite honda from your youth may not be on show. But i doubt you would be disappointed by the museum. View attachment 14499 View attachment 14500 View attachment 14501 View attachment 14502 View attachment 14503 View attachment 14504 View attachment 14505 View attachment 14506 View attachment 14507

You may gather that I was impressed more by the early bikes than the later ones, and your not wrong.
When a pre 1960's bike had an electric starter you cannot fail but be impressed.
https://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/stock/cmm2014-11.pdf
Even if you are not into modern bikes this Museum is well worth a visit..John
Yes, an amazing collection; go and pay a visit if you get the chance. Many thanks to David Silver and his staff for their hospitality.