Two shots of the Johnny Penn special owned by Stuart Penn at Lake Gairdner:

StuartPenn201302_zpsed6bcbe7.jpg

StuartPenn201301_zps5ecccdcb.jpg

There are details at: http://www.dlra.org.au/2013-02.htm

David

davidd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
It looks the BIZ', Shame he must have had a problem, Anybody know what the trouble was? Cheers Bill.

I have not heard anything specific. One would think this set-up could achieve quite high speeds, but I have found that most supercharged engines take an enormously long time to sort out. Often when you look at the records, the slowest times are in the supercharged classes. Then, there are the few that amaze! Stuart did get the record in the class, which proves the point. Congratulations Stuart!

David

Albervin

VOC Member
Check the link above and see Mal Hewett's speeds on his Rapide. Mal is a seasoned campaigner and has his bike well sorted while Stuart is at the beginning of the learning curve. Question: why do you need massive, heavy, twin disc brakes on the salt?? You certainly can't use them.

davidd

VOC Member
Check the link above and see Mal Hewett's speeds on his Rapide. Mal is a seasoned campaigner and has his bike well sorted while Stuart is at the beginning of the learning curve. Question: why do you need massive, heavy, twin disc brakes on the salt?? You certainly can't use them.

The only thing I can think of is that Stuart has designed the bike to run at other venues that may be paved. Here in the U.S. we have several paved venues that are only a mile or so long, like ECTA and LTA.

David