Where Are You Now? Stuart Jenkinson -"Vinnylonglegs"

Jez Nemeth

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Well it was a thought Peter, the suggestion was more around the idea of preserving 'story', while retaining a physical presence as a focal point...appreciate the club could easily end up with an archival cupboard full of 'relics'. The website is a good archive in itself, perhaps a printed display/roll of honour/ historical chronology is a more effective way of doing this? Personally know that if my mate Chris had not asked me to put up a question on the forum about Stuart and 'Vinnie longlegs', I'd never had known any of that history, which in the scheme of things makes me appreciate my bike just a little more.

Pete Appleton

VOC Hon. Editor
Staff member
VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
I think that we would love it, thank-you. We will have to arrange transport somehow. Anyone going to the spares company open day by four wheels?

Has anyone got any really good quality pictures of Stuart with his bike? It would be nice to get them scanned so that we can make up a proper display.

Peter

Rob H

VOC Member
I remember Stuart's panniers, made from very large plastic jerricans. Have they survived?

No I think these were just scrapped, I remember seeing them when I bought the tank and fairing. Is the guy who has the bike now a member of the VOC, if so should ask him

Jez Nemeth

Non-VOC Member
Very generous indeed Rob. Well If a photo exists and club is thinking of a display, be very happy contribute my time freely to organise and typeset content, clean up imagery into a print ready layout for that display, if it would be helpful. Designer not a writer, or copy editor, so would need the content to be put together by a gifted soul to tell this story...

Last edited:

clevtrev

VOC Member
stuartmarathon.jpg

Here`s the long distance bike getting ready to go, and the long distance Vinnylonglegs getting going.

Jez Nemeth

Non-VOC Member
Could easily clean up the top one particularly, good image to work from too, resize the bike a little, or even put another pic of the bike in its stead -bit of a story going on too...Bottom one, well he has legs! If the club decide, and it was mentioned/tabled at the AGM be more than happy to typeset and rework image to print quality. Either or, seems quite fitting.