Where Are You Now? Stuart Jenkinson -"Vinnylonglegs"

Rob H

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I went to visit the guy who bought it and he was returning it back to standard. I bought the long range tank from him which was a phil primmer but made of steel and also the fairing complete with mounting fame and moulds.

If anyone is interested in the fairing let me know as happy to let it go cheap to a good home as getting a bit stuck for storage space.

Jez Nemeth

Non-VOC Member
I went to visit the guy who bought it and he was returning it back to standard. I bought the long range tank from him which was a phil primmer but made of steel and also the fairing complete with mounting fame and moulds.

If anyone is interested in the fairing let me know as happy to let it go cheap to a good home as getting a bit stuck for storage space.
Should respectfully be hung as a piece of Vincent history with a plaque - Believe me, I'm part of the pro-'ride it into the ground lobby', prefer bikes ridden. But it strikes me that fairing certainly has a place in the Vincent owner's club historical record as an important artefact. Or is that a bit OTT, and there were bundles of twin headlight Vincent fairings made? Be novel to share that history perhaps with new members -reflects well on the mark that its genealogy and individual's achievements are recorded, recognised, maintained and valued. Need an appropriate showroom for that though Rob...

Vincent Brake

VOC Member
As with most things in this vincent life, its money orientated.
See the non..(or jet) sale of the 2nd ever B Lightning from Suisse/deutschland
On contary of the Russel one.

So if Vinnielonglegs was payed more at its auction, it would stay as was.
But maybe unfortunately it wasnt

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
It will always remain the bike that did 750,000 miles or thereabouts with Stuart at the helm, but as far as values go a Vincent will always be worth more money in its original state, you can make all the improvements you like, and I use the term pejoratively, disc brakes, Mikuni carbs, Walkernator, even Speet Brakes etc. but if you want to sell it at a later date for top dollar, then you will need to put all those original parts back on it, so don't sell or discard them, even that ghastly Miller regulator.

Rob H

VOC Member
Should respectfully be hung as a piece of Vincent history with a plaque - Believe me, I'm part of the pro-'ride it into the ground lobby', prefer bikes ridden. But it strikes me that fairing certainly has a place in the Vincent owner's club historical record as an important artefact. Or is that a bit OTT, and there were bundles of twin headlight Vincent fairings made? Be novel to share that history perhaps with new members -reflects well on the mark that its genealogy and individual's achievements are recorded, recognised, maintained and valued. Need an appropriate showroom for that though Rob...

I did ask the Spares Company a while ago if it was of interest to them but alas no

Jez Nemeth

Non-VOC Member
Yes why ask next door? the club runs the clubroom not the spares company
Kindof think that a club's investment is in its people, and their achievements/experiences associated with the mark. If someone has a tumble, everyone asks after them, thinking of Gill's recently -people rally, ask after them -its what a good club does to my mind. Finding information on parents/grandparents and other family, those still racing competitively, just maintaining stories that connect owners to their machines...feel good factor, its what helps build legends. I'm only putting together a 500cc, enjoying the process too, most of the time, but already feel far more pride being part of something with this little bike than I ever did with my sprint Yoshi Katana's (loved the speed mind you). That fairing is damn ugly, but what a great conversation piece! My half-penny's worth . . .Might the club be interested? Agenda item?

Pete Appleton

VOC Hon. Editor
Staff member
VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
Would the club like it? Well, yes I am sure that we would. Maybe we could work towards a display passing from the early days of HRD through the heyday of the Vincent factory and achievements of machines and people in post production days.
With some decent images of Stuart and the bike as it was then this would be a great feature.

Would I be prepared to justify, to the GCM, spending your subscription money on purchasing it? That might be a thorny topic. There is little enough of anyone's subscription fee left after postage to start with. Spending money on purchasing exhibits is, I think, outside the remit of what we are set up for.

Bear in mind that we have had donations of bikes, other machines and archive material. Could we now spend money on a clapped out fairing?

If anyone is feeling generous enough to donate any artefact then it would be gratefully received and you will achieve immortality with an acknowledgement on any display.