Where Are You Now? Stuart Jenkinson -"Vinnylonglegs"

kerry

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
It apparently has all the vinnielong legs bits available to the buyer together with the conversion back not completed so possibly it could be either, it is as I said on car and classic at £50,000. My Vincent friends have mixed views, is it worth 50k some think as its so famous it is others think not !

Rob H

VOC Member
I guess you have spoken to him as it does not mention this in the ad, but either way it is not true. I visited the guy soon after he bought it from stuart and he was at that time trying to sell off all the non standard bits which included the following:

Front disc brake system
Fairing and lights
UFM frame member oil tank which was converted by Stuart for petrol as a reserve
Rack and home made panniers
Steel long range petrol tank made by Primmer.

I bought the fairing and the petrol tank (which he had painted over the Vinnie Long Legs logo!) and was all completely black at the time so it can not have all the vinnie long legs parts. I am guessing he was unable to sell the other bits.

kerry

VOC Member
Hi Rob, I have spoken to him, it was all a bit confusing because the ad said Colchester but it is NOT there, I was told without doubt he still has the Comet UFM and other parts, maybe not all of them, I could have misunderstood that although there is supposedly nearly all of the rest, I was about to buy the bike but was then offered another low mileage one which I am negotiating on. difficult decisions, nobody seems to be a rush to but it ! All the best, Kerry.

Rob H

VOC Member
Hope all works out OK, from recollection he was not the easiest guy to deal with

kerry

VOC Member
Hi Rob, Funny you should say that !!! first it was in Colchester then 30 miles further away and other small problems, but will be a nice bike for someone eventually i am sure with lots of history, I am actually after another which I am preferring to long legs. I am looking at it and hoping to buy on Tuesday but struggling to find a reasonable value market price for a prince.