Stoplight switch

Ken Tidswell

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
miller or Lucas stoplight switch

The miller switch is very rare, The Lucas one is still available PR39 . From VOCSC. The reason why it is still available is that it is also a Land Rover stop light switch.Ken

Len Matthews

VOC Member
I'm a bit worried about the nut on the end of the brake cam shown in the photo. Has it unscrewed itself or has the threaded end of the cam been shortened? Either way,I'm just thinking of your safety! Ref. the Miller stop light switch, I think that Dave Quartermaine made one for his early "B", now owned by Alan Wager.

Andrew Rackstraw

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
The 'square' type of brake switch was also fitted to early mk1 Land Rover's - if this might help anyone out there! - I also note in the excellent picture the head of the thread for the brake cam is below the outer surface of the nut - is the washer perhaps too thick?

Robert Watson

VOC Member
The switch is a Miller No 42E. There is an original one one my Brothers B rap /34. I took it off one day and made two copies. One is on my Black B rapide cleverly plated JRO 101 which was in the hotel lobby at the 2003 Int rally. The other I gave to Dan Smith and is on his daughter's lowered B Rapide. Ernesto Morales in Texas was after some and was going to make a batch, but (I think) found some in Argentina, and didn't make any. Not any help but if ou have access to one and are even a poor amatuer lathe operator, as I am, It is not too difficult to reproduce. having said that I'm not doing any more!, unless you have a Comet gear box for swap! Also I see it mounted in the hole on the mudguard stay in the picture shown. If fact the early B's that they came on had no mudguard stay here and they were mounted on a little tab bracket, which also put them in a better position for the pull to operate.