Stoplight switch

Robert Watson

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Yes it is. Here is a picture of one I made. The part number is not too clear but I will describe it as best I can
The N is 1/4 tall
Then the is an O but it is 1/8 tall with a line under it
A small space
42E in 1/4 size

Robert

Attachments

• BrakeLSw.JPG
    BrakeLSw.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 78

Peter Maas

Forum User
VOC Member
switch No 42E

Thank you Robert, I love to know details like this.

Do you perhaps know the pattern of the key for the original vincent panniers too?
I have a pair but not the original key.

Thanks, Peter

fgth130

Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi Lenni

Yep, and while we're at it the bolt at the bottom end of the mudguard stay shouldn't have FT 203 with it's tapped hole, it should just be a plain item 840. The tapped hole was needed for mounting the later 'square' switch.
If you've got a really early B then FT22/4 would have been fitted either, but if you've got alloy mudguards they're best fitted perhaps.

Schoene Gruesse! Frank

Robert Watson

VOC Member
The Miller switch has a single stud on the back. This is mounted to a small piece of flat steel bolted under the lifting handle/ mudguard support, as there was no intermediate mudguard stay on the machine which had this switch. It was short and therefore the switch does not interfere with the brake rod.

Robert

Last edited:

Lenni

VOC Member
Dear Friends,
interesting infos. I thought about building such a switch by myself. But it is to difficult for me. Is there anybody in the VOC world who wants to built and sell it to me?

Lenni