• Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

Stoplight switch

Lenni

Active Website User
VOC Member
Hi,
I own a B Rapide 1947. I´m searching for a original rear stoplight switch. :eek:
I know it is very difficult to find. I even don´t know exactly how it looks!!!

Deos anybody have pictures of this item?

Thanks Lenni

Rocking horse ****!

Hi Lenni, you might find this info a bit more useful than calling a wiring company in the UK.
If I am right then the type of switch that you are after is the round type and is as rare as rocking horse ****. I know for a fact that Alan Wright spent over a year looking for one and I have only ever seen one in a photo.
I think that a wanted ad on this forum would be a good place to start.
Good luck with your hunt.
Russell

Anders Fors

New Website User
Non-VOC Member
Hi Lenni,
I am also riding a 1947 B Rapid in very close to original condition. The type of brakeswitch on a 1947 HRD Vincent is a round Miller. You can find a picture of this in the book "Original Vincent Motorcycles" - J P Bickerstaff, on side 46.
Regards, Anders

Comet Rider

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
Round stop light switches

I beleive Alan found out that they where also fitted to a number of comercial vehicles of the same vintage. Try asking some of the old cal/comercial vehicle owners clubs, you might have some luck;)

Lenni

Active Website User
VOC Member
Cool

Hi,
i think i´ll have a look in Jaquelinines book. The book is in Kurts museum. By the way, he is in hospital, problems with the lung. At the TT it was a bit cold..at night.
Comet Rider: Do you know more?
Lenni

samueljohn

Active Website User
VOC Member
Miller Switch

While speaking to Dave Hills, he told me this fantastic story, something on the level of Lord of the Rings, that Brother Wright went through to find this Holy Grail. No sacrifice is too great for the perfect restoration....

MillerSwitch_AWRap07.jpg

Good Luck and may the Force be with you.

J

Latest Forum Threads

Can't Find What You Need?

Buyer Beware: Fake or Real?

The Mighty Garage Videos

List of Forum Categories