steroids or not in the art of motorcycle sales

daveinnola

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
in the last month two of the earlyest and most powerful vincents known to man were sold under price why? steroids ? is my guess , false holy grails of vincent lore , when the real giant killers are still out there , the jack daniels over the counter and sold two weeks later though a two line add in motor cycle ( see taff the horns sand speed wales web page ) club mans winner at the 48 iom , or dennis lasmars winner the next year , both have the provenance to quote the current sales talk , but the daniels bike did trouce the factory ringers, i dont know too much about the lashmar bike , but then again daniels came in fifth in the jnr after crashing and used the same velo to beat the best at the welsh tt , les graham on a 500 velo and george brown on gunga din ( sorry about the face ) so maybe the grail is a 350 velo i guess if i was rich in texas i could put a collection to reflect this :rolleyes:

naulahka

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Understated

Yes Dave,I have to agree that the cammy lightweight Velos were the bikes to beat from 1926 through to 1950.Bennett,Frith,Wheeler,Woods etc,and even those KTT,s purchased over the counter were strong contenders.Ivan Rhodes commments that for its poise and lines there was nothing to beat the final incarnation of the Mk VIII KTT.Perhaps they have missed out on the legend
and the steroids which they deserve.