Steib S500 Sidecar for sale

garelli-man

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi,
I've got a Steib S500 that I'm going to move on if anyone wants one. It's been in a museum for a few years on display so is sound but a bit dusty, but would look nice on a Vincent (I've been trying to put this ad in the Classifieds section but it keeps rejecting the pictures) Ring me on 07754 146605

garelli-man

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi,
I've got a Steib S500 that I'm going to move on if anyone wants one. It's been in a museum for a few years on display so is sound but a bit dusty, but would look nice on a Vincent (I've been trying to put this ad in the Classifieds section but it keeps rejecting the pictures) Ring me on 07754 146605

It looks like the same model on the cover of July's MPH Journal, see left!

deejay499

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
If anyone is interested in the S500 and wonders what the difference is to the S501, it is mainly that the 500 had horizontal body springs and the 501 had upright suspension units. If this has been in a museum, it should be in good nick if you are after one.
Cheers, DJ

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
What side of the bike is it set up for?

What is required to swap it to the other side, replacing most or all of the frame?

garelli-man

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi TC. The sidecar is set up with the sidecar on the left. No idea what would be required to put it on the other side. Best Regards.

ET43

Non-VOC Member
Steib swap

Hi Touring Comet. In order for you to swap the Steib from left to right, you will need a right hand chassis. It is virtually impossible to do a conversion on these sidecars because of the shape of the chassis and the welded on swing arm attatchment. It is probable that the fender detailing is ok, as many imported Steibs' into the UK had a right hand fender fitted. Also, I would suggest that you would need a left hand kick start lever to make life easier.
Cheers,
Phil Primmer, aka ET43 ex Steib dealer, boom, boom, and all that jazz.