Steib / ATE brake master cylinder seals.

54rapide

Forum User
VOC Member
I am attempting to overhaul a Steib / ATE brake master cylinder for my S501 and wish to find a seal repair kit. There appears to be two internal seals, one at the piston, one for sealing the rod and a rubber bellows that fits inside the filler plug, all of which have swollen and deteriorated. Does anyone know of any part numbers that I can search on or of any possible suppliers either past or present. Thanks :).

STEPXL

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I bought a reproduction Steib S500 from IDEAL Motorräder & Seitenwagen GmbH - Köpenicker Str. 8 - 10997 Berlin anyway it comes with no hydraulic brake. Does anybody have information of Retrofitting to the Steib and I am hooking it up to a 48 Rapide with Brampton folks. Appreciate any information.

Cheers
Stephen Carson

STEPXL

VOC Member
I tried www.tcbs2.de but he has no brake parts available for S500 eventhough they are listed as it appears for other models a tad confusing anyway with try "past parts" as Roy the mechanic suggest.

Really appreciat you help

Cheers
Stephen

chankly bore

Non-VOC Member
My hazy memory of 1970-1971, when I was a spare parts wallah for a Mercedes- Benz dealership is that ATE was Alfred Teves GMBH and they were a major supplier- a bit like a German Girling or Lockheed. All you should need is the bore diameter (frequently imperial, if I recall), seal shape and width, and inner fitting diameter for those seals actually fitted on the piston, if any. Also most cylinders can be re-sleeved in stainless nowadays. Good Luck!