• Welcome to the forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Online Forum Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this forum website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum website, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this forum website before, please CLICK HERE.

Steib / ATE brake master cylinder seals.

54rapide

Forum Website User
VOC Member
I am attempting to overhaul a Steib / ATE brake master cylinder for my S501 and wish to find a seal repair kit. There appears to be two internal seals, one at the piston, one for sealing the rod and a rubber bellows that fits inside the filler plug, all of which have swollen and deteriorated. Does anyone know of any part numbers that I can search on or of any possible suppliers either past or present. Thanks :).

STEPXL

Well Known and Active Forum Website User
VOC Member
I bought a reproduction Steib S500 from IDEAL Motorräder & Seitenwagen GmbH - Köpenicker Str. 8 - 10997 Berlin anyway it comes with no hydraulic brake. Does anybody have information of Retrofitting to the Steib and I am hooking it up to a 48 Rapide with Brampton folks. Appreciate any information.

Cheers
Stephen Carson

STEPXL

VOC Member
I tried www.tcbs2.de but he has no brake parts available for S500 eventhough they are listed as it appears for other models a tad confusing anyway with try "past parts" as Roy the mechanic suggest.

Really appreciat you help

Cheers
Stephen

chankly bore

Non-VOC Member
My hazy memory of 1970-1971, when I was a spare parts wallah for a Mercedes- Benz dealership is that ATE was Alfred Teves GMBH and they were a major supplier- a bit like a German Girling or Lockheed. All you should need is the bore diameter (frequently imperial, if I recall), seal shape and width, and inner fitting diameter for those seals actually fitted on the piston, if any. Also most cylinders can be re-sleeved in stainless nowadays. Good Luck!

Warning! This thread is more than 10yrs ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.