Facebook Stefano Martinelli's Black Shadow

chankly bore

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
This is an example of a "CUSTOMISED" motorcycle. The more egregiously bastardised ones have brown seats and handgrips, no mudguards at all and wheels more suited to an Albanian dungcart. The combination of wheels/tyres and lack of mudguards is presumably meant to provide direct dirt injection to the inlet tracts and the front of the motor. The tank looks like Ned Kelly's armour. It does appear to have a Grosset starter fitted, but no battery. This particular effort is at least at the restrained (perhaps straitjacketed) end of the lunatic spectrum. If you've a strong stomach I recommend a site called "Craiglist's Dumbass of the Week" on ADV Rider. Those with sensitive souls are forewarned, you may never sleep well again.

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
I think the problem is the Vincent engine is such a beautiful looking engine that it has attracted all and sundry, that enjoy bastardising classic motorcycles for critical acclaim, from a certain section of the population that like this sort of thing, personally I dislike it intensely.

Last edited:

vibrac

VOC Member
This is an example of a "CUSTOMISED" motorcycle. The more egregiously bastardised ones have brown seats and handgrips, no mudguards at all and wheels more suited to an Albanian dungcart. The combination of wheels/tyres and lack of mudguards is presumably meant to provide direct dirt injection to the inlet tracts and the front of the motor. The tank looks like Ned Kelly's armour. It does appear to have a Grosset starter fitted, but no battery. This particular effort is at least at the restrained (perhaps straitjacketed) end of the lunatic spectrum. If you've a strong stomach I recommend a site called "Craiglist's Dumbass of the Week" on ADV Rider. Those with sensitive souls are forewarned, you may never sleep well again.
Thanks for the link to ADV rider a very interesting site / could not find anything with a search term 'dumbass' however. Perhaps is just as well I have blood pressure to think of.

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
tenor.gif

chankly bore

Non-VOC Member
Thanks for the link to ADV rider a very interesting site / could not find anything with a search term 'dumbass' however. Perhaps is just as well I have blood pressure to think of.
You'll find it under the sub-forum "Old's Cool". I suggest reading in a prone position with a defibrillator handy.

davidd

VOC Member
I think I might have posted this earlier version four years ago:

mini-3U2A7192.JPG

mini-3U2A9288.JPG

The brass parts are a standout. It may be a different bike, but the owner is Stefano.

David

vibrac

VOC Member
Just seen the holes in the water excluders.o_O
Please don't post any more pictures too many indigestion tablets are bad for you.

Last edited by a moderator: