Misc: Everything Else Starts, runs then slowly "chokes up"

macvette

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
What do the plugs look like? Also, some Monoblocs are machined not to have a fibre washer below the ticklers

It's not the ticklers. Original monoblocs did not have a washer under the fuel inlet which is the seat for the needle valve. Amal now supply shims to put between the inlet and float chamber so that fuel level can be adjusted. How do I know? I have new and original monoblocs and spotted the difference when I was rebuilding the bike some years ago so queried it with Burlen.

Last edited by a moderator:

macvette

Non-VOC Member
I posted the above, dont know how the reply got into the quote

(I fixed it. You can remove text between the QUOTE boxes, but don’t add text between them - moderator)

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Gittleson

VOC Member
Doctired,

I should have mentioned that I am riding with two artificial knees, one right hip replacement and no electric start. It hasn't been a problem. Of course my new joints are five years old, so well bedded in. Good luck with yours. Keep us posted.

Cheers,
Gary

Cyborg

VOC Member
Doctired,

I should have mentioned that I am riding with two artificial knees, one right hip replacement and no electric start. It hasn't been a problem. Of course my new joints are five years old, so well bedded in. Good luck with yours. Keep us posted.

Cheers,
Gary

At your rate, they’ll be able to just toss you in the recycling bin.

Gary Gittleson

VOC Member
I've just had some of what Carl Hungness calls "reasonable upgrades". I tell the airport screener that I'm not going for concours, just functionality. I'm not for show, just a rider. But we digress.