Stafford Show 2020

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Says on VMCC forum that Bonham's have pulled out of Stafford and are going to Bicester in December if that's true then I guess it could all fail
Poor old Morton's

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Well the Bonhams website still list the Autumn Stafford auction:

But then they also list a Winter auction at Bicester on 6th Dec and on that web page it says its the rescheduled autumn sale so they are either keeping their options open or just don't know themselves yet:

Simon

HRD SUPER 90

Active Forum User
VOC Member
April Stafford was Initially “postponed“ till June, then “postponed“ again until August until eventually being cancelled.

Newark autojumble in August was cancelled at very short notice, as was Kempton Park autojumble this month. None of this inspires any confidence in the organisers, Morton’s.

One alternative is indeed EBay but there are downsides to using this method - fees, it’s not possible to see the actual item (only photos), the need to post items (difficult with bigger things especially overseas), it can be very time consuming etc.,

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:

HRD SUPER 90

Active Forum User
VOC Member
Years ago I sold an Amanda Water scooter (less engine which was Already out when I got it) to Dick Sherwin. Once the hull was refurbished (involving the late Phil Primmer) I was going to offer him the engine, but it never got finished and instead the hull was given to the VOC.
I hope October Stafford Is still on because the Amanda engine is one of the things I’ll have for sale in the autojumble.

Vincent Brake

VOC Member
Andy, you always can give it to Bonhams to auction....

But i just don't like the fact they take 15+10%

Well for this they keep their options open.

Lets see what happens.

Cheers

G

Graham Smith

Yes, Bonhams do take a lot of commission, but I guess they have a business to run, and advertising, insurance, premises, staff, corporation tax etc all costs money.

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
If you want to see Bonham’s earning their corn, look up on YouTube a Bonham’s auction in America when they sold a Ferrari something or other, might have been a Daytona 250, the auctioneer was superb, extracting the last penny from the sale, when the initial bidding had started going up in 1 million £ increments, I suppose you get what you pay for in these times. They are a very slick operation, and that does not come cheap, and why should it?

vibrac

VOC Member
I agree they take 15% but you get world wide coverage a good exchange.
With two of the Vincents i have sold with them I did not even have to pay the seller premium (ask me sometime ;) )