Sprinting a Vincent: a book by Colquhoun

Fuzzi

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hello folks

An old friend of mine lent me an autobiography of Colquhoun (or Colquohoun?) who built and ran the Vincent Sprinter ridden by Charlie Rous. I'd like to buy a copy but I can't remember the title or (as you can see) how to spell Mr C's name. Can anyone help please?:eek:

rapcom

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Book by Gordon Colquhoun

The book you are looking for is "Brands Hatch and Beyond" by Gordon Colquhoun, first published 1995 by Gordon D Colquhoun, Motoprint and Co, 29 Powell Close, Seaton, East Devon, EZ12 2BS. The ISBN # is
ISBN 0 9520500 0 5, Printed by Axxent Ltd of Windsor.

A further volume of his memoirs is a thought provoking story of his wartime service on Bomber Command, with many motorcycle references as well, titled "How Many for Breakfast ?" ISBN 0 9520500 1 3.

All info taken from my own copies.

Tnecniv Edipar

Non-VOC Member
You'll be lucky to find a copy , it's very rare and self published by Gordon. I bought a copy at the time , Gordon was kind enough to sign it for me. It's a good read !!

Fuzzi

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Just as an update I tried writing to the address "rapcom" gave above and had a note back saying unknown at this address. Plus my stamped addressed envelope was returned unused by the post office!

Does any one have a copy of 'Brands Hatch & Beyond' that they don't want any more?

clevtrev

VOC Member
Just as an update I tried writing to the address "rapcom" gave above and had a note back saying unknown at this address. Plus my stamped addressed envelope was returned unused by the post office!

Does any one have a copy of 'Brands Hatch & Beyond' that they don't want any more?
If you were trying to contact Gordon, he`s dead !