FF: Forks Spring Box tube

ClassicBiker

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member

A_HRD

VOC Member
ClassicBiker: Unfortunately, the 0.035" wall is the 20g tube - through which a std spring won't fit.

Dave61: If its 0.6mm wall (0.024") it might just about accept a spring - but it'll be tight. I suspect this is what might have been supplied in the past.. It's about - 0.023" down on OD too - so a sloppy fit in the upper tube...

Peter B

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
ClassicBiker: Unfortunately, the 0.035" wall is the 20g tube - through which a std spring won't fit.

Dave61: If its 0.6mm wall (0.024") it might just about accept a spring - but it'll be tight. I suspect this is what might have been supplied in the past.. It's about - 0.023" down on OD too - so a sloppy fit in the upper tube...

Peter B
Unfortunately on the source I quoted when you get below 0.035" wall thickness the max size tube size available seems to be 1 inch.

How ever I did find this after a little searching. It is for seamless stainless tubing, according to the web page if it has a green check mark it is normally kept in stock and available, but unfortunately you would need to contact them and get a quote as they don't seem to have their website set up to be as convenient as Online Metals.

1573582125524.png