Puddle jumper

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Anyone now anything about it?

twin engine.jpg

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Have there ever been built, Something with two Comet engines, I have often thought about it, When the 500 motors were a lot cheaper, Cheers Bill.

timetraveller

VOC Member
Also spotted yesterday; Lidl this week are selling digital verniers for £8.99. Having watched these come down over the years from many tens of pounds to the new price there is now no excuse for not having a modern 'measuring stick'. Of course I have no connection with the company.

Albervin

VOC Member
Have there ever been built, Something with two Comet engines, I have often thought about it, When the 500 motors were a lot cheaper, Cheers Bill.
I have never understood how joining two motors together works. Almost impossible to time them exactly so symbiosis is very difficult. If one is "sick" then it will possibly destroy the other. Maybe the guys who know, i.e. those who have set significant records, can explain how it works. I know of naturally aspirated Vincent engines pumping out in excess of 100 bhp so does a double V twin put out in excess of 200 bhp? Does anyone know of the output figures of Nero and Super Nero? I think Russell Wright reckoned he had "close to 90 bhp" when he set the LSR in the 1950s.

greg brillus

VOC Member
Hi there Alyn, Just think of how the two cranks in an Ariel Square four work together.....lots of clunking and clanging in them there gears.....:) Cheers....Greg.

Kansas Bad Man

Non-VOC Member
I have hesitated to join this thread for self protection of peace of mind. When I open my mouth, there are ears that only hear a voice of a bragger. I would normally
be a contributor as I know quite a lot about the subject.

Cheers

Max

excuse the sp

timetraveller

VOC Member
Speaking only for myself, I do not mind someone bragging about his achievments. It might be considered impolite but I can put up with that. It is the provocation which makes some of us fail to appreciate the good things.