• Welcome to the forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Online Forum Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this forum website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum website, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this forum website before, please CLICK HERE.

Spoke length question

GBewley

Well Known and Active Forum Website User
VOC Member
Howdy folks.

I am seeking information on spoke length for a rear touring twin. This is a WM3-18 rim. Can any of you fine people advise me as to the length I'm needing?

Thanks much,

Glenn

Diogenes

Well Known and Active Forum Website User
Non-VOC Member
From memory, the early Vincent Spares Lists with gold covers [ pre-Harper Engines ] included spoke lengths to 1/64 inch.
BUT I don't think they specified exactly what was meant by "length".
Maybe a table for Vincent wheels is published somewhere?

One error to avoid is measuring overall length of the old spokes as a basis for ordering new spokes.
These have often been shortened to remove some projecting thread after fitting.

Dean Grace

Active Forum Website User
Non-VOC Member
OK it's been a little while since I asked a question so here we go :D

I actually asked this in the "Spoke patterns" thread in technical but so far no response; so I thought I might put it up here:

Spoke lengths for 19" front Borrani rim And 18" Rear Borrani rim....I got the following lengths for 4 cross pattern:

"8swg x 85/8" (219mm) for the front and 8swg x 85/16" (211.2mm) for the rear"

From the a-fore mentioned thread but am just looking for confirmation before I go cutting and rolling spokes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Warning! This thread is more than 8yrs ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.