Spell check

john998

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hello, Is it just my computer I cannot get the spell checker to work. With my spelling I need it. Am I missing the obvious again. John.

clevtrev

VOC Member
Hello, Is it just my computer I cannot get the spell checker to work. With my spelling I need it. Am I missing the obvious again. John.
Have you a dictionary installed on your computer, the spell checker needs one to integrate with, but make sure you use an English one, not one of those funny ones.

john998

VOC Member
Hello Trevor, You are correct, have changed to a computer running Xp and the spell checker works.
Not sure why as the machine I normally use is running on Ubuntu but uses the same browser.
Too many things to learn too little time. Regards John.

John Cone

VOC Member
How very diplomatic of you, on the comment of funny ones. Who could you mean, bearing in mind the default setting of Windows. Ummm. LOL

clevtrev

VOC Member
Hello Trevor, You are correct, have changed to a computer running Xp and the spell checker works.
Not sure why as the machine I normally use is running on Ubuntu but uses the same browser.
Too many things to learn too little time. Regards John.
Does the XP computer have a word program ? Also in your e-mail set up, have you configured the spell check, ready to go. If you use Firefox get the dictionary add on.

john998

VOC Member
Hello, the Xp works fine, the Ubuntu machine was lacking the dictionary add on for Firefox now fixed.
Now to make it work on my Motorola zoom.
l have just noticed that my name is attached to a dislike on Trevors post. this was not done be me, at least not intentionaly.
This has hapened before. John.