Speedo-Repair + Air Filter-Foam PR226

Sebastian Huber

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hello

Looking for an expert here in Europe to reanimate tachometer of my original 8" speedo. Both counters work.
Recommendations are very appreciated.

Would like to use alternatively Air Filters on my orig. 229/289 Amals. Jet/Needle Jet 180/106.
Think of VOC filters FOAM PR226.
What experiences are out there? Does mixture become seriously weak? Is different needle setting required?

Thanks a lot in advance for help and advice!
Sebastian

greg brillus

VOC Member
The Voc foam filters work very well, they are easy to install and remove, and I feel they are less restrictive than any other type. They may not necessarily look the best, but what air filters on a Vincent "Do" and I have used lots of them on all types of Amal carburetors. I feel you would not need to change your present carb settings at all. Cheers...........Greg.

Virago

Active Forum User
VOC Member
I have fitted VOC foam filters to our Rapide. You ease the holes over the bellmouths and they stay in place, but you can remove them easily to balance throttles etc. I did not change the carburation at all, in case I wanted to take them off again, which now looks unlikely.

Phil

Sebastian Huber

VOC Member
Hi Phil,
intend to use them only when wind + sand conditions required it. In my Bavarian homeland it may be ok for the whole year without. In August next year I think of a tour to Norway via Danmark. Meet a guy at Michael Schartner's Austrian Rallye who told me impossible to do it with open bellmaouth.

Sebastian

Ian Savage

VOC Vice President
VOC Member
Hi Phil,
intend to use them only when wind + sand conditions required it. In my Bavarian homeland it may be ok for the whole year without. In August next year I think of a tour to Norway via Danmark. Meet a guy at Michael Schartner's Austrian Rallye who told me impossible to do it with open bell mouth.
Sebastian

Sebastian
Norway? Didn't you fancy going to Scotland again?
I did the North Cape about 20 year ago on my twin, beautiful, 3 metre high snow at the sides of the road in summer, people skiing in swimming trunks.
Take plenty of midge repellent and a couple of small bottles of whisky, as 'gifts' if you need assistance for the locals.
Ian

Sebastian Huber

VOC Member
Hello Ian
Nice to hear from you.
You won't believe but next year we want to be in Scotland again. The tour will become a tick more strange for we go to Stavanger, enter a crusing ship with the bikes, got to Scotland again (with some more anti-theft protection as this year) for a one day trip with some miles along West Coast, five days Isle of Man with Manx GP will follow, cruising ship as hotel in the harbour, on the way back a one day stop on the Orkneys is scheduled and then back to stavanger.
Come back to you latest in July to speak about different emergency kits you should keep for me in stock.

Cheers Sebastian

(In reality my Shadow don't merit bad reputation for gearbox worked perfect since I bought her. Neither approching problem of a broken layshaft could be expected by anyone, nor could it be caused by the thiefs in Edinburgh by having pulled her for some hundred meters. Shit happens, even on a Bavarian guy!)