Speed Week SCTA 2014

Bill Thomas

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Thanks David, Is that the one we had a Vicount entered from West London U.K. I knew Peter Ross the late owner, Took him and the bike with my Blue Un to cadwell in the 70s, Long time ago !! Cheers Bill.

davidd

VOC Member
Bill,

Speed Week (SCTA) and Bonneville Motorcycle Speed Trials (AMA and formerly BUB) are done on consecutive weeks. Most overseas competitors try to hit both and get the most bang for the buck. SCTA is the biggest name in Bonneville records due to its history, but it is very difficult to attend because the facilities in Wendover become over-booked. BST, a week later is the late comer, but it is easy to attend because the numbers are lower. It is also all motorcycle, no cars. So, if there were cars running it was SCTA and if it was motorcycle only, it was BUB, which is now BST.

The Broughs run at BST and Eric Paterson ran one or two. The article below says he ran the Viscount in 2013. There is still hope that in the next 10 days the salt will dry out and BST will run on schedule.

http://www.realclassic.co.uk/viscount_bonneville_salt_vincent_special.html

David

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
As you can see, Eric has messed it about a Lot ! I remember it as the first photo, It was fast befor, And Peter was a fast rider. Sorry about my spelling ! I thought it was wrong, Then I thought no that's a Choc' Bar !! Cheers Bill.