Spark Plugs

Big Sid

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Certainly Alan is absolutely correct in the choice of a top end rebuild , but as a short term improvement at no real cost in time or money the , also the factory way to lessen the same problem , fitting wires in the intake rocker feed passage does offer some improvement , tho small . Til you can properly tackle the problem . While no cure it may be a mild panacea .
Plug fouling occurs mostly in town traffic not on the open road where throttles are higher , vacuum pulling less on the worn inlet guides , and cylinder heat is greater keeping the plugs burning cleaner .
Worth a consideration anyway . Sid .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ossie

VOC Member
CHAMPION N5 probably the same ones i had in when i bought it in 1966.
OSSIE.
this might have got posted twice???

dommy2

Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hi OSSIE, I have had problems with NGK's over the last couple of years on various classics. I did read somewhere that this was caused by some duff batches made in France. I don't have the same problems with the Iridium types but not sure what you need for the Shadow. If you look on the net under The Green Spark Plug Co they have alternative comparisons for various plugs. I run on the Series A Comet either Champion L86G or Bosch Super W8AC with good results. P.S. If we see you at the side of the road with a failed plug instead of a flat rear tyre, we might stop this time:)

vibrac

VOC Member
Amongst many others on this forum about plugs good thread here
spark plugs 18-09-2009