E: Engine spark plug 'ole

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
You area Dorsetboy now Bill, only two hours away from Looe and there is two idling away here, small and a monster. No charge nice to have a little company. Does her in-doors like gardening? Stacks of it here.

Bill Thomas

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Top Man Marcus, Thanks for the offer but we are both getting Old Badly ! , Don't travel too well.
Look after yourself And the Wife, Cheers Bill.

vibrac

VOC Member
Well I have made a second plug hole and what a magic jig it is thanks Bananaman (and Ian) . Now I have the hole it seems a shame to carbon half of it up with a short reach RE decompressor! I know I saw a UK supplied long reach 14mm decompressor a year or so ago I thought it was Venhill but if I look on their site I cant find it can anyone give me a UK supplier?

Black Flash

VOC Member
@vibrac
Could you please post a picture of the jig assuming you are not violating intellectual rights.
I need to do the same and it sprobaly cheaper to built a jig than paying postage from and to England.

cheers Bernd

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
Information should be moved on for everyone. Some folks onboard held info very close to their chest as it was power, me, I would show everyone how to do things all the way, the simple reason was if I trained them to know as much as me then I wouldn't get called out at ungodly hours.
Pass it on my handsome Vibrac. I can't as you have it. Just be prepared to send it onto the next person who asks, for it as it was designed / made nearly forty years ago to be used in a garden shed with just handtools.
bananaman.

vibrac

VOC Member
Here is the magic jig you could do it all with a power drill
The final stepped drill (5th from the right) I did drill in a pillar drill using the H fixture to hold hole at 90 degrees
the extreme left group of parts/set I did not use.
apart from the facing bit 6th from the right its all done from the inside
I used my own 14mm tap

1605350901072.jpeg

Last edited: