Spares company petrol tank

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Took me a little time to check up on methyl hydrate then I realised I have a few gallons of the suff.... Methanol:eek:

roy the mechanic

VOC Member
A company in Norfolk, Competition fabrications ( Mr Paravani) is capabale of making succesful new tanks, he also makes exhausts that are the "dogs B--lo--s"

vibrac

VOC Member
Yes he did my racing exhausts but Mr Paravani has retired (last year I think) I cannot speak for the continued business

roy the mechanic

VOC Member
The answer for the inquisitive is "it's about as good as it gets" as Oscar Wilde said, we are two great nations , divided by the same language.

Flylow

VOC Member
Where are the leaks? You should consider rebuilding / welding weak spots. You can then follow up with tank sealer.

davidd

VOC Member
I, like Robert Watson, avoid tank sealer except as a last desperate short term resort. As long as the formulation of fuel is changing, steel is the best substance to be in direct contact with the fuel.

David

wld50

Non-VOC Member
Indian tanks direct or indirect?

My mate Peter is unable to access the forum at present (due to technical reasons) and the C Comet he is rebuilding is missing a tank - something fairly useful to have.

Unfortunately there don't seem to be any original tanks around for sale so these posts on repairing them don't (yet) apply.

Does anyone have recommendations (following personal experience) of Indian tanks whether bought directly from India, or indirectly through an UK/European supplier?

There seem to be several manufacturers advertising on ebay. Which do people know are good and as important, bad? They may all be from the same source of course.

lyn