SP: Spring Boxes (Rear) SP4 Spring Eye

Peter Holmes

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
When you could purchase a Thornton Suspension System you were supplied 2 x extra long SP4 Spring Eyes, I assume the thinking was that you used 2 x Standard SP4 Spring Eyes, and the 2 x extra long SP4s supplied with the kit were to enable adjustment of the ride height, I have a requirement for 2 x Thornton type SP4s, alternatively the standard Club Spares type with extra thread would be fine if available, but I doubt they are, unless specially manufactured. Although Thornton, in partnership with Performance Suspension no longer exists, does Magri Motorcycles still exist, perhaps they might have some old stock they might like to shift, any info would be greatly appreciated. Peter

Comet Rider

VOC Member
Peter,
PM me your address and I will send a couple in the post.
My late father made a variety of different length eye bolts, and they are still on the shelf

Neil

davidd

VOC Member
Works Performance sent most of its stock to Race Tech. This was mostly dirt bike shocks. I don't think they made more parts for Vincents. The shocks were just about made to order. I don't think an excess of parts exists.

Making longer SP4s happened quite a bit with the racers as it improved the handling. I had a set that came with the Grey Flash. I would take it up with Neil.

David