Sonny Angel

Albervin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I haven't read this on the forum but I may have missed it. Sonny Angel is well known to many Vincent people in the USA and around the world. He is now 86 years old and his wife sadly passed away recently. He is now selling up and planning retirement. Another link to the "golden age" is moving on. He is selling some very nice twin cylinder motorcycles but no Vincents amongst them. http://motors.shop.ebay.com/firehaw...4842297&pt=US_motorcycles&_trksid=p4340.l2562

Kansas Bad Man

Non-VOC Member
I haven't read this on the forum but I may have missed it. Sonny Angel is well known to many Vincent people in the USA and around the world. He is now 86 years old and his wife sadly passed away recently. He is now selling up and planning retirement. Another link to the "golden age" is moving on. He is selling some very nice twin cylinder motorcycles but no Vincents amongst them. http://motors.shop.ebay.com/firehaw...4842297&pt=US_motorcycles&_trksid=p4340.l2562

I worked for Sonny for a couple of years, I built half of the rear of his shop and in doing so have touched his entire collection of bikes and parts. When I was in the navy, stationed in San Diego Sonny and his late wife Chris and me and the wife every week end for 7 years
if I was in port , went to dinner, or the girls would alternate with the cooking. After the dinner Sonny and I played chess and the girls played scrabble. I talked to him yesterday, he was at the shop sure miss the dinners and the chess games.

MAX

Kansas Bad Man

Non-VOC Member
Sonny has some great stories about working at the Factory. Here he is in 2010 with Mal Hewett:

David
Sonny has some great stories about working at the Factory. Here he is in 2010 with Mal

Hewett:

David

That year was a pretty good year for the Vincent Streamliner and Mal's team , Hartmunt took the liner to 204+mph winning the money for the fastest sidecar of the meet , prize $900.00 and a $500.00 oil sponsor prize . If I remember correctly Mal's team took a couple of
records, we all set at the same table during the banquet . It felt real good to see the VINCENT teams making trip after trip to the podium, collecting there trophy's and prize money. It was for sure a proud moment for VINCENT owners all over the world. BTW the Vincent prize money went to the riders Don Angel and Hartmute Widelich.

MAX