So how do you feel about that?

ClassicBiker

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I received my May issue of "Motorcycle Sports and Leisure" yesterday and one of the first articles I read, page 24, was that full leathers were going to be made compulsory for U.K. riders next year. Obviously sitting here in the U.S. it doesn't have any effect on me, for the moment. But I was wondering how forum members who are effected by it felt about it. Don't get me wrong I believe in safety equipment, just not in being told that I have to wear it and what to wear.

vibrac

VOC Member
I like to hear people talking about freedom then I replace the word 'burka' with 'crash helmet' and reverse the logic -interesting

bmetcalf

VOC Member
I like to hear people talking about freedom then I replace the word 'burka' with 'crash helmet' and reverse the logic -interesting

Good point. I wear my helmet by choice in a state that doesn't require it and was glad I did 2 years ago when I beveled my helmet nicely on the road. As an infidel, I don't see a benefit of the burka, though.

M

mark revelle

Here's the thing: in California you have to wear a helmet. In Florida, you don't. In California you are allowed to filter. In Florida you'll get arrested or even knocked off by a disapproving driver. In both states the law is considered to be a moral issue, brooking no dissent.
Oh and in Florida, whilst you don't have to wear a helmet on a motorbike, you do on a bicycle....
At least, all the above was true when I was last there...

Howard

VOC Member
Since religion sneaked into this thread, has anyone seen a motorcyclist in a turban in the last 10 years? In the UK of course.
Considering all the who har we had when skidlids were made compulsory, not many took advantage of the consession.

H

John Cone

VOC Member
I'm all in favour of the burka, at least you don't have to look at the mantelpiece whilst poking the fire.