Slater egli vincent 6v or 12v

bmetcalf

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
The curious would benefit from having contact info. Also, if there are photos posted on the Forum, links to them.

bmetcalf

VOC Member
It is a neat kit to adapt a small car alternator to a twin. A departed Club member, Bert Weisz, had his own version. He had the smallest 12V battery he could find to excite the windings at startup. The alternator made so much power that he didn't need anything bigger. His job as night shift maintenance machinist at the Windsor, ON Ford works let him make a lot of Vincent goodies. Timetraveller is part of the team that makes the Walkernator.

Howard

VOC Member
Pity it does not mention the 'Walkernator', at least one of which has been fitted to an Egli.

Hi

I don't know much about the site, I found it last year when I was trying to decide what electrics to fit on my Egli. I thought it was open for anyone to post their views, products etc, so it may be worth contacting them with your details.
I made a car alternator conversion (actually off a Case tractor) for my Egli, it made enough electricity to light Stoke, but it was ugly - I have seen nicer ones.

H

timetraveller

VOC Member
Thanks for the kind comments Bill. As I sell this kit, albeit at only just over the break even point, it does not seem appropriate to use this Forum for advertising. If anyone who would like details will email me on enw07@btinternet.com I will send them some details and photographs. Over 50 of these kits are out there and they have mostly been bought by the people who use their bikes for long distances. 360 watts is available and there are kits for all post war models but beware that the appearance is non standard and at least one person who writes on this Forum thinks that the appearance is something like some parts of a dog. So far as I know no other kit has this level of output and it allows the use of a 120/90 headlight bulb, heated grips, gloves, waistcoat etc. Historically the kit was developed by Dick Sherwin and myself. We thought that if we made a decent job of it we might sell half a dozen! The kit has been mentioned before on this Forum so it is possible that a search with the correct words will turn up all you need to know.

Howard

VOC Member
Timetraveller,

It was your alternator I meant when I said I'd seen nicer ones. They look like they could be original equipment, mine was an obviuos DIY job.

H