Silencer and mounting.

Albervin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I have just been browsing the spare parts list (no apostrophe) to put together a substantial order from VOCS. I noticed that there was a part PT3/1 which attaches PT2AS to FT108. The VOCS list PT1, PT2, PT4 and PT5 but no PT3. How is one to bring their Vincent back to original condition without this part & the silencer made to accommodate same??:confused:
While there was a touch of sarcasm in the above paragraph I feel I can be justified in asking why the silencer was not made so as to require part PT3/1. I have never seen a silencer thus mounted and there are numerous errors in the parts list (NB. Drawings group! New Parts List please) but it is a very simple & clear drawing.

The VOC Spares Company Limited

VOC Member
Alyn
It seems Vincent's themselves obsoleted the two part silencer and therefore the PT3 item during production, looking in the D parts book the one piece silencer is shown.
Remember that the C parts book was not updated during production and many changes are not shown e.g. 2 part clutch rod G96/1 only appear in the D book.
Ian S

Albervin

VOC Member
Alyn
It seems Vincent's themselves obsoleted the two part silencer and therefore the PT3 item during production, looking in the D parts book the one piece silencer is shown.
Remember that the C parts book was not updated during production and many changes are not shown e.g. 2 part clutch rod G96/1 only appear in the D book.
Ian S
Wow that was quick Ian. I knew there would be a logical explanation but I have never really given that page more than a cursory look. All the more reason for an updated parts' list. Alternatively I can see a need for a "D" parts' book
in my library...